Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In Every Difficulty Lies an Opportunity

It has been a long time since I last posted but I am going to be more consistent! This year has been full of opportunities as well as struggles. I have learned through the struggles that  in every difficulty lies an opportunity which has helped me to gain a lot of humility in my life.

Last year, I was able to make a huge decision to lose weight and was able to lose 32 pounds! It really was a great experience that taught me a lot about myself. I learned the things I truly was capably of. I have always love to run but never thought that running a marathon was even a possibility but I proved myself wrong when I was able to complete a half marathon last October. It was such an empowering feeling going across the finish line and knowing that I had finished something I always viewed as an impossibility.

Well onto my singleness... I have had relationships throughout the years that have not gone the way I wished they would go. I have had my heart broken a few times now but through those heart breaks I have learned that I do deserve to be happy and that it was truly their loss! I do have a dream to find my better half who well share the same passions I have and embrace life to the fullest.

Well....  the journey is continuing and am on the adventure to continue to lose weight but something even bigger than that will happen this year and that is....... I AM GOING TO NOT ONLY RUN A HALF MARATHON...BUT A FULL MARATHON! I hope you will follow my blog and the journey that will take place!

2 comments:

  1. You should run the Disney World Marathon with my cousin and I in January 2013! That's going to be her first!

    Have you put your name in the St. George Marathon lottery? I'm trying. We'll see what happens though ...

    Good luck! My first is in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will consider the disney world marathon! that would be so much fun. what marathon are ya doing in July? the deseret news one?

      Delete