Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Details on the Memorial Day Half Marathon

I loved this half marathon...there were so many experiences along the way that made the day all worth it. I   started off the race feeling confident and strong...I ran the first 6 miles with confidence and didn't seem to be having any pain.. Around mile 6.0 I was able to see the winner of the race coming back...cause it was an out and back race and he told me " you got this girl...good job!" It gave me some extra motivation to keep going...I also was able to see an amazing person...Josh Hansen coming back in his denim and pink in honor of his mother which made me even more motivated to keep going. It was at about mile # 10 that I got a shocking pain in the back muscles and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep going but I called upon my Grandma E that passed away 7 years ago who used to call me "muscles" and I was able to push through the pain a bit. The last couple of miles I had to dig deep within myself to give my all as the pain continued to get worse...It was a great feeling to see my parents at the finish line.. I was glad to be done and glad that I was able to add another race to the races I have ran. It was even better to see Josh Hansen come over and congratulate me... He really has come to far in his journey and is a constant reminder of the will to keep moving forward in my own journey. It was a great experience all together and I will be eternally grateful for the reward of the day. I got a cool shirt, medal and was able to spend the day with a few of my heroes..I couldn't ask for anything better in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment