Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Half

I am so excited to run another half marathon coming up this next monday.. Through all the training that I have endured I feel confident and ready to tackle the 13.1 miles. It is crazy to think of where I was a year ago and where I am today. I remember when running a mile was the hardest thing to endure and now I am running 13 miles with confidence. I am so grateful for my weight loss journey and all that it has done for me. I would have to say if I was asked what were the biggest things that I gained from losing weight they would be.
1. Confidence
2. Strong will
3. Happiness.
Some other things that I have seen change within myself is that I no longer have problems with my knees, I don't have shin splints, and I don't judge myself based on a number on the scale.
Running has become the cheapest form of therapy for me. After a long day at work or just a stressful day I can put on my running shoes and go out into nature and deal with it all.

I am so grateful for the people that always remind me of the importance of moving forward and not having fear. I have learned that everyday I am one step closer to my goals. I don't look back anymore..I only look forward. I hope that as my journey continues that I will be able to help other people see the importance of loving ourselves inside and out and that the only person holding you back is YOU!

I am excited for Monday...maybe I will get a Personal Record for myself!
I will give ya a full report of my adventures on Tuesday

Love ya all....

No comments:

Post a Comment