Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11, 2011

I have been thinking a lot about the past 3 months and what all started my decision to lose weight and have a whole transformation. When I was little I never worried about my weight or how I looked. it just wasn't a concern of mine. I remember the older I got I started to see how obsessed others were in regards to weight and appearance. I had multiple friends battle eating disorders and I was always there  trying to help them see that they mattered and that  they didn't have to resort to such drastic measures. When I went to college I dated a guy my freshmen year and he always made comments about appearance. He even resorted one time to telling me that if I only looked liked this other girl that things would work out. It created such disorted views in my mind of not feeling worthy or feeling like I mattered but over the years I have met so many amazing people who have changed my perception of myself and have showed me that I do matter and that I am a beautiful person.  I didn't sign up for nutrisystem just to lose weight but to do something big for myself and to dig deep within myself and become the person I was meant to be. I am more confident now and am excited for the journey ahead of me wherever it takes me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment