Saturday, August 20, 2011

Confidence


It is crazy how experiences in our lives can make us lose  confidence. I spent so much time fearing that I would fail. I feared that if I would put effort into something like losing weight I would fail and not be able to show others that I could follow through. I lacked confidence when it came to relationships as well. When I went to college I didn't go to meet someone to marry. I went there to get an education. I did meet guys and was in a relationship at one point but it wasn't a good experience. He always made comments about my appearance and would even stoop so low to saw that if I only looked like another girl things would be perfect. I am so mad at myself that I let the comments of one person make me have a different viewpoint of myself and doubt my ability. I have pushed so many people away over the years because I feared that they were like that other guy and would hurt me. I am so grateful to have a high level of confidence now and be able to say that I am so very grateful for the people currently in my life. They make me smile and laugh and have a high level of hope for anything that comes my way. I don't feel that I have to question anything now because I have a high level of faith and fear isn't even part of my vocabulary anymore. I guess my biggest wish would be that everyone would have a high level of confidence and not fear the impossible for I believe that with faith all things are possible. It just takes effort and in the end the effort is worth it. I plead to everyone that is reading this blog..please dig deep within your soul and find the confidence that you all deserve to have. I challenge you to look in the mirror everyday and not cringe at the sight that you see but that you will gaze at the person that is looking back at you and see a beautiful strong individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment